Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is about publishing unique, valid content in user friendly way following W3.org recommendations. We have published a detailed SEO Checklist. We go through the checklist whenever we publish a new page. Below some major topics.
Tips and Tricks
- EAT is one of the basic needs, in context of SEO it stands for Expertise, Authoritativeness, Trustworthiness, core principles of content publishing.
- Take your time for the initial url setup of your web site so that you never have to change url structure in future.
- Prevent using query string variables for different content. You may run into issues "&" vs "&" in indexing. Use folders instead.
- 301, 302 or 404? Mostly 404. Rarely 301, when migrating a site to a new domain name or when relocating a very popular page.
Just for Fun: SEO is an ongoing task and the salary of a specialist is around $60'000 to $90'000 /year. If you spend this money on SEM you generate around 300 to 500 visits a day.
- Webmaster tools Google, Bing
- Page speed above average? - Confirm that the page load speed is in the green area with Google's page speed test. If not, follow the insights log to improve page speed.
- HTML Validator W3
- User friendliness Mobile
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Analytics
- A/B testing platform